Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Welcome to Honors General Chemistry!

I'll be using this web resource...this blog to post information, links, old exams, powerpoints...pretty much everything for the class (except grades!). A blog has many advantages...and you can choose to participate by registering on Google (it's free) or by anonymously surfing the content or making comments. Unless things get out of control...the blog will remain open.

Another feature of blog you may know is that you can use RSS to add this blog to your homepage, for example if you use iGoogle or Yahoo (or just about any web browser) you can link...or feed this site to your webpage. By doing this you are automatically alerted to any new posts I make to the blog.

This site is also a great way to share questions...and answers; if someone comments with a question, I will post the answer so everyone can see how it is answered. Of course you can also email questions and see how long it takes for me to post an answer, although I will probably also respond directly to the email.

Okay. I'm looking forward to an exciting semester (Go 'Diggers!)...and I'll see you in class.

Dr. Hobbs

6 comments:

Patrick Jentz said...

I tried to log on to the mastering chemistry website, but I have the wrong course id. I must have written it down wrong. Could you possibly post the course id again?

Dr. David Hobbs said...

the number is: MCHOBBS35222

John said...

I was not able to open the syllabus and class schedule links from this site. Can I get a copy of those?
John Kelly

Patrick Jentz said...

In chapter one, problem 1.13, letter g,it will not except nickel or Nickel, and I am pretty sure that it is the correct answer. Could you shed some light on this please?

Dr. David Hobbs said...

Patrick..."nickel" worked for me.

Maggie said...

I had thought that the math practice on Mastering Chem wouldn't be counted toward our grade, but it is counted in the scores section. Could you please shed some light on this?